What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spinner for CS Harzell

David-aviator

Well Known Member
Has anyone here purchased from Hartzell a spinner for the C2YR-1BFP/F7497 prop?

If so, what is the spinner model number?

Thanks.

Spinner

David, I got mine from Cummings spinner. I think he is in Australia. Very nice quality.
Cj

Hold onto your wallet when you get a price for a Hartzell spinner!!

I needed a 14" polished aluminum spinner for my R-10 project. I stumbled across Mustang Aero as a place to buy it. I got it new in the box shipped direct from Hartzell for just over half of what Hartzell wanted for it.

You might give them a call: http://www.mustangaero.com/index.html

Carl

Thanks for info....I may have to use Vans spinner kit and do best I can to get it centered, been there, done than. Catto did last one, it is perfect.

PS Still debating whether want to add 50-60lbs and complexity for take off/climb boost. Flew yesterday and broke ground at about 900' turning 2180 rpm, 2700 rpm would make a difference.

Last edited:
CS

Tough decision on the CS but I can say it's rather addicting. I pulled my CS off to try out a Catto and I was just too addicted to the fast acceleration and climb of the CS. I've had several two blade and three blade Cattos in the past and I really like them but right now the CS has me hooked.

Thanks for info....I may have to use Vans spinner kit and do best I can to get it centered, been there, done than. Catto did last one, it is perfect.

PS Still debating whether want to add 50-60lbs and complexity for take off/climb boost. Flew yesterday and broke ground at about 900' turning 2180 rpm, 2700 rpm would make a difference.

Tough decision on the CS but I can say it's rather addicting. I pulled my CS off to try out a Catto and I was just too addicted to the fast acceleration and climb of the CS. I've had several two blade and three blade Cattos in the past and I really like them but right now the CS has me hooked.

I'll bet it does!!

I had MT with Subaru, the MT is a bit lacking on top end but for take off it is king, once was doing soft field take off with full aft stick and found myself about 2' off of grass hanging by prop with little ASI. Slight relax of back stick and it flew out of there.

I miss that kind of performance on take off.

Another added benefit of CS is that it's an incredibly effective brake! Very useful in a super slippery aircraft in both emergency and normal ops.

I have a spinner you may be interested in.

Have a look here Dave.

When I get home on Thursday, I can get the serial number and all that good stuff.

It's 13.5 inches and red. It's metal, and Inthink it's from hartzell...

Here it is.

THe prop I was going to sell is now on my -8. I went with a Van's spinner and modified my cowl.

http://lancairtalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2508

Don

Have a look here Dave.

When I get home on Thursday, I can get the serial number and all that good stuff.

It's 13.5 inches and red. It's metal, and Inthink it's from hartzell...

Here it is.

THe prop I was going to sell is now on my -8. I went with a Van's spinner and modified my cowl.

http://lancairtalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2508

Don

Thanks Don,
Would that included 13.5" back plate and forward plate for Hartzell?
dd
PS In thinking about that spinner, if it did not work for your 8, it won't work for mine....

Last edited:
Another added benefit of CS is that it's an incredibly effective brake! Very useful in a super slippery aircraft in both emergency and normal ops.

Back