What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Replace GNS430 with GNX375 - pinout help needed

Toobuilder

Well Known Member
Removing a 430 in favor of a 375 and trying to plan the pinouts before I dive in. First off, the current configuration has the 430 driving a legacy GRT Horizon (WS) and a Gi 106 CDI.

Pinouts are pretty straightforward with the exception of the 430's VOR/ILS ARINC outputs. I understand the 375 does not have a nav receiver, but the glideslope indications on the EFIS and the Gi 106 should respond to the LPV output, right?

If so, then the "other" ARINC outputs provide the LPV info to the EFIS and 106?

What is the difference between the "VOR/ILS" ARINC and any of the other ARINC outputs? Is it just a label or is their a functional difference?

Thanks

Thanks Brian, but I do have the GNX installation manual. I also have the legacy GRT - 430 wiring diagram supplied by GRT. Between these two docs I've been able to do a nearly pin for pin conversion from the 430 to the 375. The main exception being what to do with the missing VOR/ILS ARINC input to the GRT... It's missing on the GNX375 since there's no nav receiver.

Either remove, or cut and cap with shrink wrap, the ?ILS ARINC? connections. Change the efis programing so it doesn?t expect anything on those inputs.

As Bob says, just leave the VOR/ILS inputs to your ARINC module disconnected. The vertical guidance for GPS is contained in the GPS ARINC sentence. See the 430W Install manual rev E, page 5-4 for more info.

Jim Butcher

Thanks everybody.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, is the VOR/ILS ARINC sentence different from all the other ARINC ports? I thought the ARINC stream was a common buss that the various clients simply picked relevant info from, ignoring the rest.

Thanks everybody.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, is the VOR/ILS ARINC sentence different from all the other ARINC ports? I thought the ARINC stream was a common buss that the various clients simply picked relevant info from, ignoring the rest.

This is a good question, I would like to learn more too. My guess is that the label is too simple - something like ?CDI deviation? - so different types of CDI data must be kept physically separate, requiring separate ports.

Back