What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X w/GDL-39, no weather

BruceMe

Well Known Member
[SOLVED] G3X w/GDL-39, no weather

I get traffic via TIS-A, but I don't get weather products. I don't get it, did I screw up a config?

AF1QipNv48b_j2MWCbpxkAO5IefaHRoJt8fvuSkQM7vs

Last edited:
The GDL "Not Found" and "Not Connected" are likely related. Check the serial connection configuration.

Yeah, that sounds right... just weird that I get traffic. Maybe my transponder GTX-33ES is picking those up? This used to work. I think when I tried to hook up the INS-429 for nav, I jacked it up. Thanks!

Yeah, that sounds right... just weird that I get traffic. Maybe my transponder GTX-33ES is picking those up? This used to work. I think when I tried to hook up the INS-429 for nav, I jacked it up. Thanks!

Bruce,

Unless you have disabled TIS-A traffic on the GTX 33ES, your system will receive that traffic via the ADAHRS connection to the transponder. Your traffic page will identify where it is getting traffic (i.e. GTX or GDL).

I disabled GTX supplied TIS-A traffic when I installed the GDL 39R in 2011 and have never seen a reason to re-enable it. ADS-B traffic is always better.

Steve

SOLVED

This was lame... I checked the config and tore it all down, traced all the wires, it all looked good, but the GDL39's green power LED wasn't coming on. So I traced the power wires, test...test...test... And the back side of the inline fuse was showing 0.5v. That's odd. Well it was oxidized, not badly, but it wasn't letting full current through. I removed the inline fuse (all my lines are 3A fused at the Exp-Bus), wired it back up and green check mark and it's back in business!

On the plus side, all the fiddling with configs got my INS 429 talking so now I have a CDI source for precision approaches!

HlI78oMdFFCv-rYFt9LR61xn_132ViIm2snSFY2cdSvFbTEeJ7ZH1nYVSccSirWvSrIJY6b-EMqHiqePOOFBAoV1d9prRrlF89dKtY1_M2GdA2yHD4KA2IQ_nXC98woeUw-aOvTue8iufTpYRwiiIiH6mBRruYC0Nghz5Cnu7tHFKwL5ev9TgGOjuBcv2dO9VDGxO9fxRv4LUW-M9YrpLEwMNobdJLc-zkUuEq_uof0YUq3w3uhTGJqxElixEfViyvq0imjOjsumIvMKDpkbwU3nGIEtoKTGD71ouFyjJiOzs5P_vA8FyhUcjtdL72uQEzLgGJlEnXdDoqWgHKUfn0tlpb-Pa6QzViLutvoRd0mVyEWYowEO33urVvPfjacMMgoRnThZPMufKDD3XXOyzpUQNEHhbvieKUJfls6VeuqPc1g97VtVdcW73sI7jXKOLpXz_pjDSsDfQoZH5J_fz-qzhKCzafNIogPmUlInLEIxy1AOvQCR1jgHy3ec8nsIHmAr1Yt_Wb7nRAWk89cKWu6gzMxdXqBxNIEo82U4FIIZya_Yzx_GMbXBugZ0xSXQe9G8HSN6J2lPHA3dbhq65K8VW6__k2QfLLu-lwlCLPMcZPhj4_I8irfEyI1W_QVSHD4x7z501IRsSBaj86VUcUnPEs6WT70zPU3Ekhc-g-CVPaNWWkmuTUud64m6dgGjwOmUiLCNorrkAnXO8fJvkKnCzaAzoZLQNyNe-4flVf2iLnKrDtIEmYY=w1301-h973-no

Thx all!

Last edited:
Back