VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

  #1  
Old 11-07-2014, 09:47 PM
PCHunt PCHunt is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,498
Default Maintenance tracking tool?

I'm a bit computer-challenged, but would like to track all maintenance and regulatory Due Dates on my computer.

Has anyone found, or created a computer tool to do that? Things like Transponder due, Registration Due, SBxxx due, ADxxx due, Oil change, etc.?

Any and all suggestions are welcome!
__________________
Pete Hunt, [San Diego] VAF #1069
RV-6, RV-6A, T-6G
ATP, CFII, A&P

2018 Donation Plus, Gladly Sent
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2014, 02:11 PM
bhester's Avatar
bhester bhester is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hopkinsville, KY
Posts: 801
Red face RV Maintenance Log

How about a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet like this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny7x03n39m...VLog.xlsx?dl=0

Is that what you are looking for?

All you have to do is enter the information in the yellow boxes and the next due dates will update.
__________________
Bobby Hester - Builder/Pilot/A&P
Surfing the web from Hopkinsville, KY
N857BH RV7A XP-O360 - Garmin G3X ADS-B IN/OUT 2020 Compliant
Web site: http://www.newtech.com/bobbyhester/RVSite.htm
Dec. 2017 VAF donator - alot better than any magazine subscription
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-08-2014, 04:07 PM
wirejock's Avatar
wirejock wirejock is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Estes Park, CO
Posts: 2,851
Default Maintenance log

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhester View Post
How about a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet like this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny7x03n39m...VLog.xlsx?dl=0

Is that what you are looking for?

All you have to do is enter the information in the yellow boxes and the next due dates will update.
That's awesome Bobby. Hope you don't mind if I borrow it.
Thanks in advance.
__________________
Larry Larson
Estes Park, CO
http://wirejockrv7a.blogspot.com
wirejock at yahoo dot com
Donated 12/01/2017. Plus a little extra.
RV-7A #73391, N511RV reserved (1,800+ hours)
HS SB, empennage, tanks, wings, fuse, working finishing kit
Disclaimer
I cannot be, nor will I be, held responsible if you try to do the same things I do and it does not work and/or causes you loss, injury, or even death in the process.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2014, 09:38 PM
PCHunt PCHunt is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,498
Default

Yes, something like that. I will be keeping track of 3 aircraft, so will have to add to it.

Thanks!

Keep those ideas comin'.
__________________
Pete Hunt, [San Diego] VAF #1069
RV-6, RV-6A, T-6G
ATP, CFII, A&P

2018 Donation Plus, Gladly Sent
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2014, 11:05 PM
bhester's Avatar
bhester bhester is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hopkinsville, KY
Posts: 801
Thumbs up Updated for 3 acft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCHunt View Post
Yes, something like that. I will be keeping track of 3 aircraft, so will have to add to it.
Thanks! Keep those ideas comin'.
Ok, I just updated it! Click on one of the tabs, bottom left, to select between 3 acft.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny7x03n39m...VLog.xlsx?dl=0
__________________
Bobby Hester - Builder/Pilot/A&P
Surfing the web from Hopkinsville, KY
N857BH RV7A XP-O360 - Garmin G3X ADS-B IN/OUT 2020 Compliant
Web site: http://www.newtech.com/bobbyhester/RVSite.htm
Dec. 2017 VAF donator - alot better than any magazine subscription

Last edited by bhester : 11-08-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2014, 10:05 AM
GrayHawk's Avatar
GrayHawk GrayHawk is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TexaRado
Posts: 772
Default

Hi Pete,
From your first post, it sounds like you want what I have wanted to develop for some time, a more detailed database application, that would handle the logs for pilot, air frame, engine, propeller, multiple pilots, multiple planes. It would be server based using scripting, PHP, MySQL, etc; so could be accessed via the internet and www. So any desktop, tablet, mobile device.

I'm sure I have mentioned this before but since I am going to be laid up for a while soon; maybe I can get it done this time.

GH
__________________
GrayHawk
My rebuild log: http://www.cherryfamily.net/bill/n63tx/rebuild/
Texas Hill Country Hangar For Sale: http://www.myspicewoodhangar.com/default.htm
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2014, 12:10 PM
designerX designerX is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHawk View Post
Hi Pete,
From your first post, it sounds like you want what I have wanted to develop for some time, a more detailed database application, that would handle the logs for pilot, air frame, engine, propeller, multiple pilots, multiple planes. It would be server based using scripting, PHP, MySQL, etc; so could be accessed via the internet and www. So any desktop, tablet, mobile device.

I'm sure I have mentioned this before but since I am going to be laid up for a while soon; maybe I can get it done this time.

GH
Gray Hawk,

Offline HTML support or an App interface would be a nice bonus since some of us use tablets in the aircraft but don't have Wifi at the hangar. I may be interested in contributing to a project like this (mobile and web developer.)

Nice build website hosted by WordPress.. I'd be interested in hearing how much is custom and if plugins were leveraged. I'm currently working on a build log website to compliment my build log app.

Stan
__________________
Stan Smith
RV-8 slow build fuselage w/showplanes fastback
RV-4 (bought flying)

Last edited by designerX : 11-09-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2014, 12:33 PM
alpinelakespilot2000 alpinelakespilot2000 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhester View Post
How about a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet like this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny7x03n39m...VLog.xlsx?dl=0

Is that what you are looking for?

All you have to do is enter the information in the yellow boxes and the next due dates will update.
Looks good, Bobby. I've been constructing a whiteboard at the hangar with similar categories. To this I have added ELT/ELT remote battery replacement. Though not necessary, I do replace the main ELT batteries at annual, but the remote's battery not as often.
__________________
Steve M.
Ellensburg WA
RV-9 Flying, 0-320, Catto

Donation reminder: Jan. 2019

Last edited by alpinelakespilot2000 : 11-09-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2014, 12:46 PM
GrayHawk's Avatar
GrayHawk GrayHawk is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TexaRado
Posts: 772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by designerX View Post
Gray Hawk,

Offline HTML support or an App interface would be a nice bonus since some of us use tablets in the aircraft but don't have Wifi at the hangar. I may be interested in contributing to a project like this (mobile and web developer.)

Nice build website hosted by WordPress.. I'd be interested in hearing how much is custom and if plugins were leveraged. I'm currently working on a build log website to compliment my build log app.

Stan
Good point on the offline support. I sometimes forget not everyone is on-line 24/7. But it would need to be something in a universal language as otherwise you would need to deal with the various OSs, Apple, IOS, Windows, linux, etc. Not a good situation.

On the build log using Wordpress, it is pretty much custom, just using the features of wordpress plus a few plug-ins by others. But that makes it accessible by almost any device, android, windows, apple, linux.

GH
__________________
GrayHawk
My rebuild log: http://www.cherryfamily.net/bill/n63tx/rebuild/
Texas Hill Country Hangar For Sale: http://www.myspicewoodhangar.com/default.htm
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:11 PM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.