What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tail Lynx

g zero

Well Known Member
Any feedback from Tail Lynx Springs from Vans ? Getting ready to put the tailwheel in action. The previous tailwheel planes I've owned and or flown had compressions springs with lots of slack in the chain .

Any feedback from Tail Lynx Springs from Vans ? Getting ready to put the tailwheel in action. The previous tailwheel planes I've owned and or flown had compressions springs with lots of slack in the chain .

I replaced my stock chains with Tail Lynx after a year. The Lynx give a nice positive feedback to the tailwheel (for me at least). I've been very happy with mine. Of course, my answer is just one of many... (I was an inexperienced TW pilot, so someone with many hours on chain style may not have the same opinion)

Please update

I've used these springs on my RV4 and RV8. It's been about 4 years since I installed them on my RV8. It seems to me that piece that had to be drilled and possibly shortened to determine the overall length was available separately. I want to add a little more slack in my setup so I searched for Lynx springs. Apparently Van's is the sole marketer of this product and only sells the complete setup. Does anyone know how to contact the original developer of the springs?

Back