What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Small ratcheting screwdriver, help needed!

speyers

Well Known Member
I have seen a couple of builders with a small ratcheting screwdriver in their tool box. Looks to be made by Husky and will not only accept different screwdriver bits but also 1/4 drive sockets as well. Would love to pick one up, but non of my local Home Deport Aircraft Supply stores has them in stock and I can't find them on-line for purchase anywhere. Does anybody else have them in stock near them? The link below will let you check availability at your local store.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-8-Piece-Bit-Ratchet-Set-64723T/100041241#.UYCTsbV19uB

Would love it if I could send some cash to someone to cover purchasing and shipping back to the DFW area. Thanks!

I have seen a couple of builders with a small ratcheting screwdriver in their tool box. Looks to be made by Husky and will not only accept different screwdriver bits but also 1/4 drive sockets as well. Would love to pick one up, but non of my local Home Deport Aircraft Supply stores has them in stock and I can't find them on-line for purchase anywhere. Does anybody else have them in stock near them? The link below will let you check availability at your local store.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-8-Piece-Bit-Ratchet-Set-64723T/100041241#.UYCTsbV19uB

Would love it if I could send some cash to someone to cover purchasing and shipping back to the DFW area. Thanks!

Try looking for a "Duralast/SAE ratcheting wrench adapter" set at Autozone or equivalent. They are adaptors to fit ratchet wrenches. I use this set all the time for tough to reach areas with sockets and driver bits.

Snap-On has a very nice one. Price is around $60.00. Yes, it is very expensive. Nice ergonomic feel, guaranteed...forever.

There are some here

There is supposedly two of them at a Home Depot near me. I bought something similar at my local Lowes. I would be happy to check for you and work out shipping.

David
[email protected]

The one I have I got at Renovation Hdwe about 10 yrs ago,before they went fancy-schmancy. It was only about $10 and is one of the most used items in My toolbox. There's also an excellent wratcheting offset screwdriver that works great in spots with minimal access. I'd have to dig for the link.

$3.99 at Harbor Freight. Not "Snap-On" quality, but has worked very well for me over the past 5 years.

http://www.harborfreight.com/8-piece-right-angle-screwdriver-92630.html

41IIBwDctYL._SY300_.jpg

General makes a little clicker ratchet that isn't too elegant, but is the shortest one I've seen. It comes with a phillips on one side, flip it to use the straight blade on the other side. Most guys grind off the straight blade so you can use a finger or a prybar on top. Like $6.

Picked one up at Sears just a couple of months ago. Craftsman on the handle and it was only about $6 or $8.

Randy Thorne ----Sport Air Serv here on VAF, showed me these a few years ago, I bought two, one for the plane and one for the shop.

Even given them as gifts to a few folks.

TOTALLY happy with the tool, would recommend them to all RVers. Strong well built, fine toothed ratchet works well in tight quarters.

Husky 8-Piece Bit Ratchet Set
Model # 64723T

81d3e5d3-73b3-4f32-a071-2834d9f18084_300.jpg

Last edited:
Back