What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-745 positioning for non-standard panels

rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
I'm curious if the F-745 that is mounted to the sub-panel should stay in the position described in the instructions even if the panel has the engine controls shifted to the right and in my case lowered due to the modular Affordable Panels lower switch panel.

It seems like the F-745 should be positioned such that it is directly forward of the engine controls. Is this a requirement? I'm not sure it is tall enough to allow this given my switch panel lowers the engine controls approximately 2".

I'm curious how these pieces must be aligned. Any comments on what others have done would be helpful.

Comments from some of the builder centers or multiple offenders would trump my comment, but here goes - - The F-745 is there to guide and support the control cables. If the panel controls are side shifted, and repositioning of F-745 would help with the "flow" of the cables, then move it to a more suitable location.

Be careful though, as everything does not go straight, so unless you have the controls, engine mounted and are ready to do a trial install of the cables, then you probably won't know what the low stress "flow" looks like. There is a lot of stuff going a lot of directions under the forward fuse and FWF. Choose wisely.

Bill,

I get what you are saying.

I have the cables, but I haven't installed them yet. I think you are right the best approach may be a test fit to see how far I can move the F-745. There isn't much distance between the panel and the sub-panel (maybe 8") so I think the F-745 is going to have to be pretty much aligned with the engine controls.

Back