What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wing height of RV-7A

Messydeer

Hey!

I've got a little Sonex and another guy will be finishing his RV7A soon. Not sure exactly what stage he's at, but he's asked about sharing my hangar. Do any of you guys know the height of the bottom of the wing at both the root and tip, leading and trailing edges? Also, the distance from the spinner to the LE, plus the width of the HS would help. I figure my wings might be able to fit under his.

Thanks,
Dan

You can always make a small ramp/platform to go under one of the main gear wheels. An inch or so under the wheel will give you maybe 3--4" at the wing tip.

Thanks, Mike :)

I'd thought of using little wheel dollies, but had forgotten about lifting one wheel. The most brilliant ideas are the ones that seem so obvious after they've been suggested.

Dan

another option?

Dan, can't you just take a piece of string, and suspend the Sonex over the RV?
:D
or perhaps something like this????
sonex_zpspm0uwbi6.jpg

( jus' kiddin'...love the Sonex!.... lite is good, right?)

Careful now! Kelowna's not that far from Bellingham. I won't be able to beat you up, but I can give you some nasty bugs. Doh! I can't take my mattress into Canada. A few months ago I drove to Salmon Arm to pickup an Osprey 2 project. Put my mattress on top of the van roof. Drove across the border and was asked, 'where's your fumigation certificate?' Border is 30 miles from home, so dropped it off at a gas station and picked it up on the way back. I know you have bedbugs there, but the red, white, and blue ones must be much fiercer.

Dan

waaaaaaaaaaait a minite!

umm Dan, can you tell me a little about that O2 project? It really IS a small world.....it's about 90% certain that it's my Dad's.
give me a call if you want some history on it. I'd sure like to see it fly!
778-214-
oh six ate ate

Perry:

I bought it from Shane Allen in Salmon Arm. He was a building partner with Robert Evans, who had bought the project from another. Robert died 6 or 8 years ago and Shane went in a different direction, leaving the O2 in his hangar.

Was your dad the original builder?

Dan

Hey!

I've got a little Sonex and another guy will be finishing his RV7A soon. Not sure exactly what stage he's at, but he's asked about sharing my hangar. Do any of you guys know the height of the bottom of the wing at both the root and tip, leading and trailing edges? Also, the distance from the spinner to the LE, plus the width of the HS would help. I figure my wings might be able to fit under his.

Thanks,
Dan

Two friends of mine share an enclosed T-Hangar. One with a 6A and the other with a Sonex. The Sonex is nosed in first, residing completely in the right wing section of the T-Hangar. Then the 6A is backed in allowing its tail to go over the Sonex wing and into the base of the T. No lifting of the 6A with ramps required but I think the 6A has to come out before the Sonex can come out.

Good to know. I made a little scale model and it seems they'll fit like you said, plus some other options.

Dan

Back