What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Deburring Tools

ptrotter

Well Known Member
I like trying new tools and I saw a reference in some old archive for a deburring tool called "Burraway" and thought I would look into it. It turns out to one of the most useful tools I have used. Basically it deburrs both sides of a hole in one operation. I just used it to deburr my leading edge skins and I think it probably saved me 50% of the normal deburring time. The tool comes in several sizes for various size holes inluding the common 3/32, 1/8 holes we use so much. The only drawback is that the tools are somewhat pricey at about $45 each, however I feel the timesavings justified the cost in my case (that and I just like new toys!) conidering how much deburring we do.

More information can be found at:

http://www.cogsdill.com/pdf%20files/usdeb_burraway.pdf

Anyone have any suggestions on what to use to "drive" the burraway? Just picked up a couple (3/32 and 1/8) and they are GREAT, huge time savers and very effective. I've been turning them with a cordless drill, but it gets pretty unwieldy after a short time. I looked at the cheap cordless screwdrivers (<20$), but none of them have chucks, just the hex quick change tip. You can get a chuck to fit in there, but by then the whole tool (including burraway) is 18" long or so and not much better.
Any thoughts?

Thomas

Back