What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ventilation

szicree

Well Known Member
I'm still considering my options for bringing fresh air into my 4. I know many guys are using NACA ducts on the sides of the cowl and routing the air up to the panel. I've also been told that NACA ducts on the side skirts don't really work so well, but I'm wondering if those little Vetterman vents on the side skirts might do a better job. Opinions/experience??

Steve Zicree
RV4 Wiring and 100 other details

I don't know about an RV-4

I don't have any experience with an RV-4 but the NACA inlets and duct work to the interior vent controls on the RV-6A work exceptionally well. I almost always have them just cracked open a little bit when I need cool air.

Bob Axsom

vent door kit

Vans now sells a vent door kit that is cheap and simple to install. THey have it in the RV-10 for the rear passengers. Just had a friend install in his 4. Lots of air, cheap, low drag when closed.

BEst

Kahuna,

I've seen pics of that door. Where did your friend put his? Was there any ducting or does it just blow directly into the cockpit?

Steve Zicree

Where to put it

Left and right side for PAX. No ducting. Little flapper door open via attached lever. Simple, no cables, no duct. Blasts into the cockpit.
Cant explain exactly where, but in there somewhere.

Back