What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AEROLED AEROSUNVX LANDING LTS

pilot2512

Well Known Member
Installing the aerosun VX in a 9A with the conversion kit. I'm not close to mounting wings or tips yet, but I would like to get the lights mounted in the tips. Does it matter if the tips haven't been fitted yet? Can I do them now?

Thanks,

Jay

I installed the conversion kit into my RV-10 wing tips and mounted the landing lights and nav/strobe lights prior to fitting the tips to the wings. While I'm not flying yet, as far as I can tell it worked well, and it certainly didn't seem to impact my installation of the tips to the wings.

I also believe it made the cutting and fiber glassing in of the conversion tips much easier as I was able to work on the bench with full access to the inside and outside of the tips.

I can't say the same will be true for the RV-9, but I suspect the same would be true.

Installing the aerosun VX in a 9A with the conversion kit. I'm not close to mounting wings or tips yet, but I would like to get the lights mounted in the tips. Does it matter if the tips haven't been fitted yet? Can I do them now?

Thanks,

Jay

I just finished (mostly) installing mine in the 10. It will be way easier to do the initial cutting and install with the wingtips off of the wings. I did the work installing the lights with the inserts first, and then installed the inserts onto the tip.

Last edited:
Back