What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plans for electric flaps

acam37

Well Known Member
Does anyone have plans for the electric flap conversion? I've got the actuator and hardware, just need a set of plans so I can get the measurements.

Last edited:
I've got the drawings in a .pdf, send me a pm with an email address and I'll send them to you.

I've asked a couple times about putting them somewhere on the site but never gotten an answer....anyone?

I'm assuming this conversion is the same for the 3 as the 4, right Paul?
It's very different from the pictures Paul has posted of his RV-3. I don't know if his was stock or not. The stock -4 has a walking beam under the cockpit floor between the flap weldment and the actuator, Paul shows a direct actuator-to-weldment.

Last edited:
Positive control

Does anyone have plans for the electric flap conversion? I've got the actuator and hardware, just need a set of plans so I can get the measurements.

Arlie,
If I may ask, why?
Why go from a very positive, instant feedback, STOL strip friendly, no juice required and BTW fool-proof system to a slower, heavier, electrically actuated system? Having owned and flown both extensively I'm curious...

V/R
Smokey

Here we go...

Folks, I'll send the drawings to anyone who asks for them, but I'm going to bow out of the 'discussion'.

Arlie,
If I may ask, why?
Why go from a very positive, instant feedback, STOL strip friendly, no juice required and BTW fool-proof system to a slower, heavier, electrically actuated system? Having owned and flown both extensively I'm curious...

V/R
Smokey

Smokey,
I almost never disagree with you but I have to say the electric flap conversion is one of the best mods I've done to my -4. The manual flap handle is just always in the way. Down it interfered with my chute and up my passenger was always knocking it loose on final. The electric flaps are awesome and allow infinite flap settings between up and full. If they won't come down and I need them I'll go somewhere I don't need them. If they get stuck down, I have a plan. Merry Christmas.

Back