What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh 2017

Phantom30

Well Known Member
Any -12er planning on flying from the West Coast this next year. Would love to meet up enroute with as many as possible.

As you consider your possible routes I'm based at Rocky Mountain Metro, BJC, in the Denver area. There are only two 12s on the field, but lots of RVs and some of those likely going to Oshkosh too.

Have a safe trip!

As you consider your possible routes I'm based at Rocky Mountain Metro, BJC, in the Denver area. There are only two 12s on the field, but lots of RVs and some of those likely going to Oshkosh too.

Have a safe trip!

This is early on regarding this adventure...I'm sure there will be a central meeting point. A group of -12,s would be nice regarding fuel and cruise speed considerations as well as finding unleaded fuel.

Ric,

Good luck finding UL auto gas on the route. I have found a couple of seldom used strips within range of PHX that have truck stops adjacent to them where I can fill my gas can and pour it in the tank. Other than that UL seems scarce.

BTW the strips I'm referring to are Chiriaco Summit, CA (L77) and Grand Canyon Caverns (L37).

I tried a site that lists UL fuel, but it didn't include these two. When I asked why they said they only list airports where the UL auto gas is part of the infrastructure. Given that the pumps are within 100' of parking at these two strips I think that's an unrealistic filter.

Rich

Ric,

Good luck finding UL auto gas on the route. I have found a couple of seldom used strips within range of PHX that have truck stops adjacent to them where I can fill my gas can and pour it in the tank. Other than that UL seems scarce.

BTW the strips I'm referring to are Chiriaco Summit, CA (L77) and Grand Canyon Caverns (L37).

I tried a site that lists UL fuel, but it didn't include these two. When I asked why they said they only list airports where the UL auto gas is part of the infrastructure. Given that the pumps are within 100' of parking at these two strips I think that's an unrealistic filter.

Rich

Thanks Rich....another reason I'm getting a 18 gallon "Turttle Pack"....to extend range for x-country flights. I want to say away from leaded fuel when possible.

Don’t forget to stop by the Southeast Wisconsin RV-12 gathering the Saturday before Airventure at 61C Fort Atkinson Municipal Airport. We had 8 RV-12’s last year. Plenty of great RV-12 talk, food, and Fun.

Don?t forget to stop by the Southeast Wisconsin RV-12 gathering the Saturday before Airventure at 61C Fort Atkinson Municipal Airport. We had 8 RV-12?s last year. Plenty of great RV-12 talk, food, and Fun.

Will put this into "Places to visit folder"....am really looking forward to this adventure. Probably a little nervous about the arrival into Oshkosh (traffic and all), but I'll manage I'm sure...and with a flight of 100+ RV-12's 😜...we'll be given "special clearance"!!!

Back