What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon HDX Upgrade Program

todehnal

Well Known Member
The following is an excerpt from a post on the Dynon forum. It shows that at least one user heard good news from Dynon staff regarding an upgrade path for current users to migrate to the new HDX Skyview. Does anyone else have news to report about a migrations path for the current customer base?

-------------------------------------

Craig Bennett wrote on Jan 2nd, 2017 at 8:35pm:
Actually, it's looking highly likely. When I called to order my HDX800 the day they announced it available the salesman asked if I was sure I didn't want to wait and take advantage of the trade in program that was going to be available early 2017.

Obviously the salesman could have been mistaken or Dynon could change their strategy but.....

Craig

--------------My Post-------------

Exactly what I am waiting for! I plan to order the Autopilot controls also, but I am waiting for an HDX upgrade path from my Skyview Touch, so that I only open up my panel one time. I used the upgrade program that was offered to move from the Skyview, to the Touch, and hope to do the same to move to the HDX.

So, We went to the Sebring FL Light Sport Expo on Friday. I talked with the two Dynon Reps that were there about the status of the upgrade program. They were totally unaware of any action on an upgrade path for us Dynon users. Very disappointing. Anyone else have better info??

Tom

Skunk and I spoke with a Dynon rep at Kosh last summer when it was introduced and he indicated there had not been any talk regarding the upgrade. He also said that that he would not be surprised if it was offered if they perceived a demand for it. Apparently, the owner of Dynon is totally customer service driven, which has been my experience. I have emailed Dynon on a number of occasions and was told "Not at this time". The hdx is a slick unit. Mr. Dynon, I know you are reading this!:confused:

HDX impressive

I saw the Skyview HDX ant the Northwest Aviation Conference this weekend. Impressive. I asked if one could move the Skyview Touch over to the right, use as a second panel (map) and install the HDX on the left. Answer, NO. Apparently different software driving the units. Bummer, the high def and screen layout/operations appear much more intuitive. When I mentioned a trade-up program I was told it was being discussed..no commitment..I also confirmed that buying the 2020 compliant Skyview $590 package gives us no new or better information in the cockpit that we do not already get. The addition is broadcasting out your location and compliance. Seems like waiting cannot hurt.

I was also at that NW show mentioned in the above post, and Kirk told me they may be offering a trade in for the new Skyview, but it might be a little while yet before they do.

Back