What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nutplates Part number

RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello All

I'm planning to install nutplates with my new panel that Bill Morelli at UpNorth Aviation just cut for me and I just can't remember the part number for these.

The ones I'm planning to install will be for -6 screws ( that should be small enough for a Dynon Skyview,Knob & A/P panel among others.

Does anyone of you knows the part number so that I can order the right size ??

Thank you

Bruno
[email protected]

K1000-06 are the regular dual lug nut plates. This is probably what you are looking for.
Tom.

Gil should be right here. If you call me on Monday I'll confirm that's what we use.

Nutplates

Thank you all gentlemen for the info.

I will have the panel in hand on Tuesday so I will be able to see if they are the standard or miniature models..

Cheers

Bruno

Last edited:
Standard 1 lug will work but USE THE SMALL 1 lug #6 plates for the AP panel and knob panel. The longer lugs will allow one of the rivets to show on your panel. The short ones are covered up by the AP/Knob panel.

As for the Skyview, standard 2 lug #6's work fine.

Standard 1 lug will work but USE THE SMALL 1 lug #6 plates for the AP panel and knob panel. The longer lugs will allow one of the rivets to show on your panel. The short ones are covered up by the AP/Knob panel.

As for the Skyview, standard 2 lug #6's work fine.

That is only true if you do the mounting holes.

Since the panel was CAD/CAM cut by Up North Aviation the nutplates required depend on the spacing used by the CAD program...:)

I'm betting you will need MK-1000 and MK-2000 nutplates.

Last edited:
Smaller sizes

Anyone know part numbers for 2-56 threaded nutplates - or even if they are made? I have used 4-40 before and I know they are available...but have some stuff that is set up for 2-56 and don't want to hog-out the countersink!

Thanks!

Anyone know part numbers for 2-56 threaded nutplates - or even if they are made? I have used 4-40 before and I know they are available...but have some stuff that is set up for 2-56 and don't want to hog-out the countersink!

Thanks!

The spec exists.
MS21071L02 for one lug mini, and MS21069L02 for standard mini.
Whether you can find them anywhere is another question.

You could sort of make your own if you had to, using a tap and a piece of 1/8in material.

Last edited:
Thanks for the spec - they are out there for $6.98 each!
I have a 2-56 tap so I might think about making my own.

Thanks!

My goodness...just out of curiousity...what stuff might this be that needs a #2 platenut?

Back