What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB 7A

ALagonia

Well Known Member
WTB Well built 7A. Prefer QB kit.
Must haves are:
180-200 hp new when installed
Hartzell CS prop new when installed
NDH
Slider canopy
Ready to purchase the right airplane
I can be reached at [email protected], or
713/306-7088 starting October 29

New isn't always better, some had NEW and had to take it apart for a rod bushing issue, others had NEW and cylinder issues..... :rolleyes:

I hear exactly what you are saying. My concern is that some of the logbooks I have seen for experimentals are woefully deficient on what was done and what parts were exchanged in an overhaul. No part numbers just very little information. Most of my time is in turbines and jets but for the last nine years I have been flying an Islander BN-2A with only Lycoming cylinders and have had absolutely no problems other than going through engines due to TBO's (commercial operation). Also have had zero issues with Hartzell CS props other than overhauls also due to TBO and time in service.
I am leaving the world of commercial ops and look forward to Experimentals and wanting to get that RV grin.
Thanks for your comment.

Those are some good points, my set up came out of a Mooney, so I have the log books from 1964 to now, all good info on the history of the engine and prop, I am going to try and follow what the A&Ps recorded in these log books for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Good luck on your search, sure you don't want to build one? :rolleyes: mine only took 6.5 years :D

Back