What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bruce?s cover or flight line canopY cover

RicoB

Well Known Member
Patron
I need to get a light weight canopy cover. Don?t know which one to get. So any tips would be great! Thanks

I have the Bruce's cover for my -8 and it weighs 5.8 lbs in the sack. I've owned 4 covers from Bruce's over the years and always been pleased.

I've got Bruce's light weight travel cover and love it. I've had it for 3 years and it isn't showing any signs of wear.

I've been using Van's canopy cover for my -8 for 15 years. I like it because it's light as a feather, sheds rain, doesn't take up much space. I only use it a couple of times a year and it has held up well.

Chris

Both good

I had a light weight cover from Flightline that lasted many years. It worked great and I was very happy with it.

Last year, I noticed that the cover was leaving some residue marks on the paint. They cleaned off easily but I decided to get a new cover. It lasted over 8 years of occasional use.

I bought a new cover from Bruce's that I will use for the first time next week at Osh. It's a bit heavier than the one from Flightline.

I have the lightweight travel cover from Flightline. It is difficult to get it on the airplane if there is ANY wind. It is just too lightweight. Once it is on, all is good, so if you have a friend help, it works fine.

Back