What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTR225 set up with Skyview

Chopkins

Hi all

I've fitted my Garmin GTR225 radio (Based in the UK) and can't find this radio listed as an option in my Skyview set up menu. The closest I can find are the SL30 and SL40.

I've been to the Vans download site and can't see anything. My friend popped around and uploaded the latest version of the Dynon software to my Skyview but still no joy.

Any ideas?

Any help much appreciated.

Anthony

If what you are concerned with is the serial push-pull of the frequencies of the radio from the Skyview, I think most of the Garmins use the same protocol. Note that there is a great Dynon support forum on their website, moderated by Dynon employees, and they answer questions like this really fast and authoritatively. Highly recommended, although Dynon also monitors this forum and answers questions and there are many Dynon experts here too.

On the Dynon forum you can also suggest mods.

Thanks Both

I've got it all working on the SL30 set up. I've also adjusted my EFIS Volumes down to remove most of the system noise. I can recieve transmissions fine on the radio but if I transmit, I get a noise that is like a spanner running along a central heating radiator and it gets louder and louder (Almost like feedback between a speaker and a microphone).

Any ideas?

Back