What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-805D Bracket

thilokind

Hi Folks,

currently working on the Seat Rib Assembly (RV8A). DWG 65 calls for Bracket F-805D made from AA6-063 x 3/4 * 3/4 Angle. I can't find any of that material in the kit - there are only three 12' long angles in the Longeron kit. Am I supposed to use a piece of the Longeron material to make the Brackets or have I missed something?

Thanks

Thilo

Yes, it does come out of one of those long angles

I don't want to give you the heebie jeebies, but that angle does come out of one of those long suckers shipped with the wing kit. You have to be veeeery careful (it is best here if you use your Elmer Fudd voice) in selecting which angle you use, because if you cut one of the longeron pieces too short, there is going to be a whole lot of cussing going on.

F-805D

I asked the same question to Vans .............
"Bob, you could use 125 angle, but I think you got in your kit two 12ft pieces
of 063 angle. Those could used. The longer pieces are longeron material". Use one from each to limit the loss - they're only about 2"

Bob Elis
www.rv-8.co.uk

This forum is AWESOME! This info alone is worth the yearly donation.

I just searched through my parts for about 45 minutes including the longeron tube. I did find the angle, appearing to be a longeron, but was WAY to scared to cut one of those.

Searched at least 40 minutes..

I too searched my inventory for at least 40 minutes looking for 063 3/4 X 3/4 angle... :mad:

I did think about my very long longeron angles but... didn't dare touch them as I don't have internet at the garage to look for clues. :eek:

I'm glad I found the answer in this thread, :D
however I have 3 063 3/4 X 3/4 long angles in addition to the 2 thicker ones.

How many are used on the fuselage, 4 or 5 ???

Back