What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

To jig or not to jig

AusRV8

Hi All,

I have been trolling through a LOT of builders websites and I have noticed that some builders have chosen to jig their empennages. I was wondering if it is truly necessary with the match holed kits and if it would give any noticeable difference in accuracy

cheers all

The jig is used when drilling the skins to the structure. When you rivet on the jig you have some of the attach points removed so parts don't stay in the structure permanently.

So what that really means is there is no needed for a jig once the holes are drilled or if they come from vans pre-punched.

If building from a fully prepunched emp. kit (been standard for many years) no jig is required for drilling or riveting.

Good Advice

Thanks all for the advice Vans is a LONG way away and I cant afford mistakes Rv builder you may be very sick of me by the time I finish LOL

regards

George

Beer!

Come back anytime, because when we get down there with our "RV's" its your turn to buy the beer... Yours as always R.E.A.III #80888

Back