What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 QB Wing Cradles

cdeerinck

Well Known Member
I'm just finishing up my tail, and waiting for the QB Wings and Fuse to arrive. I have a very limited amount of building space (who doesn't?), and I was hoping to get a jump on the wing cradles, so when I uncrate the wings, I can put them directly into the cradles. The manual just says "use the rib as a template for the wing cut-out", but I don't have that luxury.

I was wondering if anyone nearby either: (a) Has some cradles they don't need or want anymore, or (b) Would let me trace the cut-out contour, so I can build mine.

I am building in San Marcos, CA (North County San Diego), and I regularly drive to LAX. So if anyone is within say 30 miles anywhere along that path, and would like to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

If so, please either reply here, or PM me.

Thanks,
Chuck

Hey Chuck, welcome! (Can't believe I beat Mike to it).

I have my wings in a cradle, in my house in San Diego, probably a handful of pics on my build log to get the drift. But I'll be moving them to Ramona airport in the next couple weekends....

Back