What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Left lower air ramp/Lower cowl air seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogger

While building the filter air box, air duct, lower ramp baffle, I searched many posts on here and builder websites because the manual and instructions for this part of the build are just horrible. It seems that it is indeed necessary to bend the lower left ramp at its tangent point to make to lower ramp even with the cowl inlet.

I couldn't quite figure out how to do this because of the air filter and the non existent instructions. It looks like most folks have bent the ramp, but there are a few builders that said that the ramp must remain flat. That's where my confusion really started, so I call the mother ship and asked how all these pieces go together and what happens with the air ramp. Vans support TOLD me that the lower ramp must remain flat because of the air filter. So, not questioning any further, thats what I did.

Now that everything is assembled in place and the cowl on, I am now wondering, how is the rubberized air seal fabric going to possibly seal with the larger gap on the outer left hand side of the lower cowl. I called builders support the other day and was now told that I should have bent the lower ramp. The air filter is flexible and will contour with the bend. WTH. More than a little upset because this was a lot of work up to this point. I should have gone with my gut feeling.

Anyone have any ideas how I can make a transition to the air filter and lower ramp so the air seal fabric will transition nicely? I know that I will have to trim the fiberglass and maybe I can make a transition with that, but also looking for other ideas. Also, How much a vacuum would occur if there was no air seal fabric on the lower left inlet all all? With every other area sealed up in the baffles how much loss of cooling would occur?

Thanks in advance.

7CY2b5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back