What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-B

JGT

How about Rob Hickman at Advanced Flight Systems coming up with a ADS-B in/out for us using existing xpdr, plug and play for under $500 ?!

AFS is owned by Dynon and both systems can use the Trig TT-22 (remote) transponder. Add the Dynon ADS-B GPS-2020 antenna and you are set for OUT for less than $600. Lots of portable, low cost units available for IN (e.g. Stratux).

I have the above with Dynon's ADSB-470 for IN and love the functionality. Once they work the bugs out of the newer 472 (uAvionix hdwr inside), I'll upgrade to it via their trade-in program.

It would be nice if they worked with the uAvionix stuff for OUT but I understand their desire to make a profit with their own products.

AFS is owned by Dynon and both systems can use the Trig TT-22 (remote) transponder. Add the Dynon ADS-B GPS-2020 antenna and you are set for OUT for less than $600. Lots of portable, low cost units available for IN (e.g. Stratux).

I have the above with Dynon's ADSB-470 for IN and love the functionality. Once they work the bugs out of the newer 472 (uAvionix hdwr inside), I'll upgrade to it via their trade-in program.

It would be nice if they worked with the uAvionix stuff for OUT but I understand their desire to make a profit with their own products.

The AF-5000 and AF-4000 EFIS systems will work with the uAvionix stuff for OUT. The AF-5000 can even use a Stratux Wi-Fi to get the ADS-B data.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

AFS 3400 with SV

Rob
Mine will work as well, correct?

I have 3400 screens with SV. I have not pulled the trigger yet with Uavionix but plan to the next couple of months.

Thanks Rob.

Darren Kerns
RV7 N599DT

Back