What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kit Shipping Costs

Wingnut

Well Known Member
Just curious, but has anyone else found a large discrepancy between the estimated shipping costs quoted by Van's and the actual amount? Van's estimated $530.00 to ship a slow build wing kit to my home near Jacksonville, FL. Conway trucking just advised me that I will owe them $922.89 upon delivery. :eek:

Did you have it delivered to your door? Most of the carriers quote the price to the depot. My fuselage kit was only around $350 to texas, but they wanted another $80 to bring it to my house.

It should not be that different. Call Vans and check. Both times I used a freight company I paid exactly what Van's quoted.

Vans gets special pricing due to the volume. Make sure you are getting Vans rates and not the off the street rate.

Mine was far less than Van's quote! I was pleasantly surprised when I found that out, and still think it was just "too cheap" for the service. I bought the entire kit at once to combine shipping, that alone was also a great savings.

Thank you all. Brantel was spot on in that Conway did not give me the Van's discount. I just got off the phone with Anne at Van's and she is getting it worked out for me. I thought my wife was going to shoot me for a minute...

RV-6 Fuselage

I should be getting my RV-6 very slow build fuselage on Friday. I just paid the shipping charges from Van's to Kansas City. 261 dollars with ABF

An update

Delivered cost of the slow build wing kit from Van's into my garage (Jax, FL) via Conway Freight was $502.72. Much better than $900+!

Back