What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying into Oshkosh 2017

rv7boy

Forum Peruser
I just stumbled upon this video today.

A couple of things to note...

1) The lady who flies the RV-6 is an ATP, type rated in some big airplanes (737, Citation, Saab 340).

2) She is not related to me as far as I know, although we share the same last name.

She makes flying into Oshkosh look easy, which it is, if you are prepared. The video does a good job of emphasizing that.

Enjoy!

Dewey runs a barnstorming weekend before Oshkosh, met both when living near Dayton.

They hop rides in a Travel Air and New Standard, too.

She's a great pilot and great friend. I gave her a ride in my RV-7 at our Cessna 120/140 convention and she went out and bought one. Easiest airplane to sell...

Afterthoughts...

Now, it's kind of funny, but yesterday when I watched it for the first time, I assumed it was a typical man (pilot) and woman (passenger) situation. So just after the 20 second mark, when she opened the hangar door herself, I thought, "Wow, how nice! A wife/girlfriend who knows how to open her husband/boyfriend's hangar door!"
(I know, a typical male chauvinist attitude on my part! :eek: )

And then when the airplane inside is obviously an RV, I thought, "Now this is going to be a good video!" I began to get suspicious when it was obvious she was going to be the PIC. I actually looked up the N-Number registration while the video was playing and discovered she was the owner as well as the PIC. Then later I found her Airman's credentials and realized how well qualified she is.

To my knowledge neither of the two in this video is active on these forums, but that's okay, because they obviously know what fine machines RV's are. It's good to find out he has some serious aviation credentials of his own.

Back