What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Painting Interior before dimpling

PilotjohnS

Well Known Member
Hi all,
I am getting ready to paint my interior before assembly but ran into a dilema. I normal prime before dimpling, and I was going to do the same when I paint. But it occurred to me that the dimpling process may mess up the paint around the rivets. Do you guys (and gals) recommend I dimple before prime/paint, or can I dimple after prime/paint without tweaking the fresh paint? I am using Sherwin williams jetflex, so it will be pretty tough paint.

Thanks

Hi all,
I am getting ready to paint my interior before assembly but ran into a dilema. I normal prime before dimpling, and I was going to do the same when I paint. But it occurred to me that the dimpling process may mess up the paint around the rivets. Do you guys (and gals) recommend I dimple before prime/paint, or can I dimple after prime/paint without tweaking the fresh paint? I am using Sherwin williams jetflex, so it will be pretty tough paint.

Thanks

Some epoxy primers can survive dimpling but I doubt any paint will.

dimple first

I'd dimple first - is there a reason you want to delay dimpling until after paint?

Dimple then paint

I dimple before paint. My interior parts were all painted before assembly so the rivets woul show. Jet Flex SB.

Back