What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Wiring Stuff

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
OK, it is late and I am so tired I can't see straight, but I just ran across this mess! This is from the D180 to D1000 conversion harness, a plug with nothing to plug it into! Does anyone recall what this is all about?:mad:
1yvlt5.jpg
[/IMG]

Any chance it's for the SV-XPNDR. The transponder had very few wires if I recall correctly and has more than 15 pin socket. My memory is the *****, so don't go by me.

Don,
How many wires are there and what are the colors? Could the connector go to the AV-50000A Autopilot D-Sub?

There are 5 wires, red, black, blue, orange and yellow. It might be some Rotax stuff I did not need to use, I see this as the ONLY place it might plug into. It is for sensors I don't use and perhaps I should have just cut it off..

a9lg0z.jpg
[/IMG]
Don,
How many wires are there and what are the colors? Could the connector go to the AV-50000A Autopilot D-Sub?

Don,
I found wires that match the colors of yours. They go to an optional AP74 that is used with the D-180 system. Chances are that you are not going to need those wires. As long as that connector is not in danger of shorting out, I would leave it alone until sure it isn't needed.

Hi Don,

Use some masking tape to label it so you can remember at a later date. You can use that trick in other areas besides wiring.

Cheers Julian

Back