What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Navigation Mapping Software license

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I was under the impression that our Vans Skyview came with the Navigation Mapping Software license, however my Skyview tells me the 30 day period has expired. Do we have some secret code to make the Skyview know that we should have a software license?

On the rest of the models it's purchased separately from Dynon, not sure if Vans includes that with 12 or not.

It is included. You got a certificate with the authorization number in your avionics paperwork. You put that number into the Skyview and it activates.

Thanks Bill, I must have lost it over the years. I just emailed Vans to see if they can give me another copy.

Does anyone recall what form it was furnished in? Would make it easier if I knew what I was looking for.

Don, its a quarto sized sheet of stiff blue paper labelled `Navigation Mapping Software Certificate'. Follow the instructions on the certificate and Dynon will send you the magic number to unlock your mapping software. It came in the Skyview box as I recall.

Wow, I must have tossed it out with the packing materials, I don't recall ever having seen anything like that. I hope Dynon can reconstruct whatever needs to be done Monday.

Don, its a quarto sized sheet of stiff blue paper labelled `Navigation Mapping Software Certificate'. Follow the instructions on the certificate and Dynon will send you the magic number to unlock your mapping software. It came in the Skyview box as I recall.

Don,
Dynon will have the Licence number on record - just quote the screen size & serial number.

I traded the Vans original in on a remanufactured touch screen during their upgrade. I hope they kept a record of the new one i traded in.

Don,
Dynon will have the Licence number on record - just quote the screen size & serial number.

Back