What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 16-05-26

Aircraft Specialty

Well Known Member
Fellow RV-12 Builders and Owners. I just came across this service bulletin from Vans regarding the RV-12 data plate modification that is required.

For those builders that have an engraving shop at your local mall, it should make for a fairly quick and easy modification.

For those from whom this is inconvenient or who don't have a local engraving shop, we are offering a few different possibilities.

If you had your data plate engraved with us, we will modify it for $15 plus return shipping costs. The data plate had to have been originally engraved by us because our text will be setup correctly for your plate based on our initial engraving.

If you did not have your data plate engraved by us or you just would like a new data plate for your aircraft, we will offer a new data plate for ELSA for $25 plus shipping or a VAF SLSA for $30 plus shipping.

Please note that these data plates are the same as the data plates that are ordered through our normal engraving section for new aircraft. However, this pricing is only valid for MFG dates of 6-15-2016 and earlier as a courtesy to those builders who have already had to pay to have their data plate engraved the first time.

We are anticipating that most builders will just order a new data plate at the reduced pricing so as not to have their aircraft down for 1-2 weeks as they ship the data plate to us and then have us engrave and ship back. However, if you are going to have us modify your data plate and want to contact us prior to shipment, we can arrange for a date for you to ship to us to ensure the minimum turnaround time.

All modified data plates will ship via Priority mail. New data plates will ship via USPS First Class or Priority depending on location.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions

http://aircraftspecialty.com/rv-12.html
Click on "page 2" for the data plates.

Steve

Engraving USA into plate

Please note; Do not engrave if you have submitted plate picture to FAA for airworthiness inspection...they don't like it changed in any way....My DAR flipped when I said I had added USA....prior to his visit...

Steve -

I've got a new E-LSA plate in my shopping cart, but can't seem to find a way to provide my serial number.

Hoping it's not actually stunningly obvious,
- Dave

I'm afraid it is stunningly obvious. I just ordered ELSA Data Plate from Aircraft Specialty. Just type your info into the picture of the data plate. All fields are active...

Everyone...

I just wanted to let you know that we just ran out of ELSA data plates and have a whole bunch more on order from Van's. They should be arriving toward the end of next week.

Please feel free to order at your convenience, but until we receive the data plates, we are going to request you to allow 2 weeks for shipment. Once the data plates are back in stock, they will go back to a 1 week lead time for shipment.

One question that I received from a customer was whether or not these will utilize the same holes as the originals. The answer is that they should if the original data plate was the Vans data plate. We purchase these directly from Vans and so they should be a direct drop in.

Thanks again,
Steve

Back