What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

To Store or Not to Store TITQ

Sunriver Ken

Well Known Member
I have my new Rotax on the workbench and am proceeding on with the build of my 12. But I have a real limitation on workshop space.

I know this is a "less than smart question" but: How important is it for me to keep the wood crate and pallet the Rotax came in?

For goodness sake DO NOT store that 912 vertically from the prop flange like you can every other piston engine ever produced! You will most assuredly bend the prop flange and destroy the PSRU!:D

I would put it in a closet, or a corner in the house so it will be in a dry environment if you can.

I have my new Rotax on the workbench and am proceeding on with the build of my 12. But I have a real limitation on workshop space.

I know this is a "less than smart question" but: How important is it for me to keep the wood crate and pallet the Rotax came in?

I would keep the box/crate in case you ever have the need to send the engine out for service. I did when I had some Rotax engines and it worked for me.

Ages ago when I had a rotax powered ultralight I had to send my engine in for service and had no crate. I had the service center ship me one. Wasn't a big deal. Just an option for you to consider. Storing an empty crate for year after year seems unreasonable when space is at a premium

erich

Back