- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 06-24-2018, 04:00 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
Sometimes itís just faster and/or easier to go with a pre-fabíd component than rolling your own, especially when it comes to modifications. YMMV.....
Especially when CNC holes and radiused corners are involved.

After building a -6A with no pre-punched parts I can really appreciate the aid of CNC produced parts.
RV-6A N61GX - finally flying
Grumman Tiger N12GA - flying
La Cholla Airpark (57AZ) Tucson AZ
Old 06-25-2018, 04:50 AM

If you’ve stuck to the standard Van’s Panel then it’s not much trouble to make access panels to easily get to the fuel filter/pump etc by cutting the top tunnel cover at three screws back from the firewall and again at the fuel selector, that allows access without seat removal. Of course it means riveting in panels at each cut with three or four nut plates for screws to retain the integrity of the tunnel top. By making a cut three or four screws back from the firewall a lot of angst can be avoided reaching in under the panel to undu screws that you really don’t need to. Not my idea, but one I copied with good results. Cheers from Western Australia