What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New upholstery choice

woodmanrog

Well Known Member
Abby at Flight line Interiors has added side panels with pocket choices to her line of products. Many choices and reasonable prices.

Actually, it's a new UPholstery option... :)

That is true. She did a great job as usual on this interior package. All of the pieces fit right in for me, and I am now so happy to finally have some POCKETS! It's great to have a place to stow everything. It all looks really nice to me. I know she had been contemplating doing some form-fit curved panels that cover all of the stiffeners and such, but that would have added so much cost and this really to me looks great and the price is right. I didn't want anything that would intrude into the cockpit, as I need all the width and space I can get since it will be also used as a cross-country plane. The entire box of pieces didn't really weigh that much either. I've got a couple additional photos on my site as well.
Thanks again Abby!

RV1420170325-153736-004m.jpg

RV1420170325-153749-007m.jpg

Interior color

Tim,

Never mind the color question. Checked your site. I'll be calling Abby to get some color info from her. I really like the results.

Original post: I used Stewart Systems Boulder Gray for my interior and it looks very similar to your color - perhaps a little darker. What did you use and what color vinyl did Abby use. Same question for the Crow belts. Thanks.

Last edited:
Regarding the interior paint and color, I really do like it. It's darker than some of the grays, but not real dark. On this page I have a listing of the paint type I used, and even the pain color codes at the bottom:

http://www.myrv14.com/buildlog/20150124/index.html

When I did my other plane I used PPG Concept for the whole thing. This time I tried Delfleet. For all practical purposes there really isn't a difference to me from what I can tell, for the interior.

I don't remember the exact color choice for the leather that I gave her. She visited one day with a set of seats for one of Van's planes and I liked one of the two colors in the two-tone, and it matched my interior, so I told her to go with that one. But, she knows both of my airplanes very well, so if you do like the color, just have her tell you which color is mine and she'll know right away.

I got my crow belts from her as well, and I think there was only one grey/silver option that was available, so that was a simple choice.

One other thing I forgot to mention... I'm not sure if many people caught the seat logo that I have on mine?

RV1420160617-190517-145.jpg

It was a fun project my daughter and I did together, coming up with a concept and drawing it up. From talking to Abby, it sounds like a couple people have used it on theirs as well. Anyway, I decided to forgo the N-Number on the seats but go with something a little more universal. I was happy with how that came out. Hope those of you who use it enjoy it.

Regarding the 100 hour report, that was quick...I only posted that 12 hours ago. I figured I really should do something. The airplane has been fantastic, and I haven't found any real flaws in it. If there was ANYTHING I could change, I would probably move that rear seat brace bar aft about 1" to 1.5" or so, and add one more hinge section. That would give me just the little more space I want when wearing the parachute. I thought the plane was big enough for my almost 6'2" size, but as it turns out, it's do-able but not quite as fitting for the very tall as the RV-10 is. That plane can adjust to fit people much taller than me. I'm about maxed out when wearing a chute in this plane. Without a chute and it's fully comfortable.

Looks great!

I sure would like some interior "help" with my RV-10, when the time comes. those pockets and padded side panels look great, Abby!

Back