What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring route near fuel selector-options

Gday folks, I am trying to come up with the neatest solution for the bundle of wires that follows the battery cable (rear battery) through the fuel selector area, it's proving a bit tricky to separate the cabling from the fuel line as per AC.43 guidelines.

I have alternatively considered running it in conduit though the fuel selector area or rerouting up high along the armrest or upper longeron somewhere.

I was hoping to hear any thoughts or what some of you may have done in this area.

Thanks.

Most of my wiring goes along the right side of the aircraft, opposite the fuel selector. I do have some antenna cabling and intercom wiring in the fuel selector area.

In my opinion, it would be okay to run wiring thru the fuel selector area, but not secure any of the bundling to any fuel line or component. I would also avoid any connections or couplings in that area.

Free advice, worth every penny. Cheers.

Don

Thanks, one idea I've had is to cover the bundle in expandable sleeve (snakeskin) and use back to back adel clamps to physically separate the bundle and the fuel line. This is IAW with recommended procedures but I would prefer not to clamp anything to a fuel line if there's a better way?

Back