What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Designing and Testing the RV-12iS

rv12iS-builder

Well Known Member
Friend
Did anyone attend today?s seminar with Rian Johnson? What did you learn?

I wonder if a video or podcast is available?

Yes, I attended, it was a very worthwhile presentation. Lot's of info on how the 912iS is improved over the 912ULS, how they made significant improvements in the entire installation package as well as the fuselage portion of the airframe, and how it effected the performance of the aircraft. I was aware of most of it in less detail so it served to reinforce my decision to build the iS.

Though they've tried to communicate most of this via their web site it is difficult to capture the level of detail that you can in a presentation such as this. Should they produce a video version of this presentation with all the of the detail for those interested? Yes, but that is a large undertaking.

One things that Rian also touched on that wasn't in the presentation is that they are making continual improvements, and he cited examples, many of which are never announced. That's one of the things that continues to impress me about Van's Aircraft, continuous improvement is the sign of a healthy and functional organization!

Though I'm building the "classic", I found it interesting since some of the stuff he talked about applied to the ULS as well. A lot of the FEA and flutter analysis applied.

Terrific weather here, by the way.

Jerre

Though I'm building the "classic", I found it interesting since some of the stuff he talked about applied to the ULS as well. A lot of the FEA and flutter analysis applied.

Terrific weather here, by the way.

Jerre

Finite Element Analysis or Flight Engineering Analysis?

Back