What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sky Designs Aluminum RV-8 Legs at OSH

where will you be located at OSH? I didn't see Sky Designs in the list of exhibitors on the EAA app but definitely interested in stopping by!

We sold a set of legs to Chuck in Snohomish but don't think he's a "flyer" yet. Bruce Eicher's "Hula Girl" is at KAUO if you wanna look at her sexy legs :)

I don't have any titanium tailsprings to show-off, sorry :-(

I plan to be at the HBC Beer Tasting event on Sunday evening. Otherwise, you'll find me standing under a wing in the main aircraft display area, booths 17 & 18.

SWOON

I went to look at the legs on the website and then something else caught my attention. . . The Sky-2 Whirlwind. . . I think I'll wait until the legs fold into the wings. . . my retirement is about 14 years away. . . maybe by then there will be a kit.

Weight saving

For those of you who might be interested in airfoil aluminum main gear legs for your RV-8, Sky Designs will be bringing a couple kits to AirVenture.

FMI go to: https://www.skydesigns.aero/rv-8-alum-airfoil-landing-gear

This is not only an opportunity for you to save the cost of crating and shipping, but an opportunity to see 'em, touch 'em, taste 'em before you buy. :)

Did you calculate the weight saving with those legs?

I bought a set for my RV-8. I haven't weighed them on the scales or anything, yet. But, just picking them up, and then picking up the ones that came in the crate, I wouldn't be surprised if 15lbs is a little conservative.

I can't wait to get those puppies polished up and installed!

Back