What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Tip and light module ID?

those are vans original 415 "flat top" tips. they were the orginal tip for the 4 and 6. there were a couple of other used as time passed. those will fit the 4,6,7, and 8. I have no idea why they changed the design, i don't know if the newer tips are any faster or better performing, or if they just wanted a different look. I prefer that tip to the others and have them on my RV-4.

if i remember correctly, the light insert was an option that was available from vans. I don't think they made it, but it could be bought from them. the only problem with them is the lenses may be difficult to find if you ever need a replacement. there were various lenses made by different people available, including vans. most are real hard to find now.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. If I can get the proper lens for the tips, I'll probably try some Fly LEDs with these. As mentioned I like the looks but don't want to paint myself into a corner and not be able to get parts in the future. Thanks again.

Back