VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 06-17-2013, 03:45 PM

You can definitely make it work with the "package antenna". My ferry flight home with the new-to-me RV-8 consisted of that antenna stuck to the mounting plate of the roll bar (the only convenient ferrous material). You may also consider the "Pete Howell Family j-pole" antenna needs no ground plane so if there may be some options for it as well. I'm not as familiar with the RV-12 to suggest in any detail.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptybump View Post
You can definitely make it work with the "package antenna". My ferry flight home with the new-to-me RV-8 consisted of that antenna stuck to the mounting plate of the roll bar (the only convenient ferrous material). You may also consider the "Pete Howell Family j-pole" antenna needs no ground plane so if there may be some options for it as well. I'm not as familiar with the RV-12 to suggest in any detail.
I'll give it a try when we return to the "right" coast in a couple of months.
Dues contributor since 2007

Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself...Anonymous
Old 06-17-2013, 11:08 PM

Default J-Pole in wingtip

After a little bit of a rough start due to a faulty GPS antenna puck, this week I got the Byonics RTG mounted in my wingtip using a J-Pole antenna I fabbed from a drawing. EZ to install and works GREAT!

I can't say enough good about the support I got from Byonics! Allen worked me evenings and weekends via e-mail. They are the best!
Building Log: www.mykitlog.com/n539rv
APRS Tracking: aprs.fi/n539rv
2017 Paid