I've sold the above iGate (these are made available 'at cost'). I'm about to build a duplicate which will also be available. Here are the details ...
- radio is a new Baofeng UV-5R+and cost me 48.60 shipped - a recent check shows them for 45.40 + tax.
- laptop is the OLPC XO-1 from eBay and cost me 46.35 shipped. Current units are selling for about $45 to $60.
- a 3.5mm to 2.5mm audio cord which are around $6
- a 2GB SD card which is available for $7
Not included but still needed are three items
- the outdoor antenna - a nice copper J-Pole is available on eBay for about $32+shipping, or build one as a simple DIY project
- the feed coax to go from the antenna to the radio
- the Baofeng requires an RF adapter from the antenna feed to the radio (most likely the feed will have an PL-259 connector so the adapter is a PL-258 to SMA-female adapter which are $6
My total investment is this unit is 107.95 and I suspect it is between $14.50 and $18.50 to ship is CONOS.
I'm happy to sell a finished iGate for about $125 (which is cost) or make an image if the SD card available to you for free and you can order the items listed above.
I'll be honest, if someone buys an iGate setup I'll just build a duplicate. I'll repeat until I have one sitting idle.
There is no commitment to anyone to buy these. I built the first for myself and now build them to help improve the iGate network. If it's still on my bench for more than 2 months, I'll ship it off to a some undisclosed remote location to fill in a hole in the reception network somewhere.