What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best Freight Carrier from NV to WI

rkiefer2

Well Known Member
Im in process of getting a kit and tools from NV send to WI. This is an RV emp kit and tools both in crates.

I called Tony Partain and it doesnt sound like he's interested in shipping the crates.

I got a quote from a broker called freight center, but there a middle man and don't have very good reviews. Also many complaints about extra charges, lost shipments, damage, etc.

Anyone have a recommendation on who I should use to get this kit/tools shipped from NV to WI?

LTL Carrier

I can't recommend a specific carrier, but if you goggle LTL carriers (less than load) you can easily find one that will quote. You may need a lift gate service (which costs extra) if you don't have a loading dock and fork lift available at each end. Or you can pick up the load at the nearest truck terminal if you have a pickup or trailer?

Fastenal

If both parties have a fastenal near them I would recommend shipping this way. Google fastenal shipping for a lot of information and reviews. I recently received a low time engine shipped from Florida to Minnesota this way. Went off with out a hitch and reasonable rates.

Mark

I just shipped an O-360 to Western Virginia from Reno Stead (RTS). The Virginia guy set up the transport so sorry don't have the details. The cost of shipping was $525, picked up on Monday at 5:30p, spent the night in local warehouse, left Tues morning arrived Virginia noon Fri. The Virginia guy says the trick is to ship from a business address and receive at a business address. Dan

Old Dominion freight is usually well priced. You will need forklift and/or dock to load the truck (they are more commercially oriented).

I will 2nd the Old Dominion freight. Just received our fuselage kit from Vans shipping to Wisconsin and they were very reasonable. Would use them again in a heart beat. They also had a drop gate on the trailer.

Back