What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Value estimates

ALagonia

Well Known Member
I have a beautiful panel in my RV9 fabricated and installed by Stein. It includes:
Dual AFS 4500?s with the latest software
Two ADAHRS units
Aera 510
SL 30
Garmin GTX 327
TruTrak Digiflight II VS
Backup 2 14? UTM airspeed and altimeter
Wet compass
12V accessory adapter
PM intercom

As beautiful as this panel is I am interested in upgrading to the AFS 5000 series EFIS units. This will probably be my last airplane and I would like to have the latest and greatest panel. The cost of this upgrade is a little daunting so I am looking to explore ways to offset that cost as much as possible.
All the work, removal and installation, will be done by one of the gentlemen well known to RV?ers, I live in Northeast Georgia, hint hint.
I am not one to venture into something like this not knowing exactly what my out of pocket cost will be, as much as is possible anyway. So I am asking fellow RV?ers what they feel the value of the following instruments may be worth if I were to sell them as part of my upgrade. I know that AFS will credit me 25% for trade in allowance for my 4500?s. Hoping that these units are worth more to a builder or a flier that is looking to upgrade. The instruments that I would be willing to sell are:
Dual AFS 4500?s with both ADAHRS
Aera 510
TruTrak Digiflight II VS

I would consider selling the entire panel if that made better economic sense to my ultimate upgrade. I don?t know how to post pictures here so if anyone is interested in seeing the panel please send me an email and I am happy to send pictures.

Thank you gentlemen

Over 5 years ago we bought two 4500?s brand new in the box with the adhars, AOA and engine modules for 5500.00. I suspect the price today would be a lot less.
G

Back