What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 N869AM

20170722_140233-L.jpg

IMG_5510-M.jpg

It was a RC model airplane that I built at age 9 that started the dream. I called this RV8 "Dreaming" as it is just a continuation of the journey. Aviation Artist John Stahr painted the baggage door.

IMG_0539-XL.jpg

To fix some of the intake problems I had to modify the snorkel. I had John paint it also after all of the mods were finished

IMG_6784-XL.jpg

I had John also paint the oil cooler cover. I first heard of the cats *** or the feline sphincter in an aviation history magazine. The defined it as an airplane beyond cool to fly. That is the RV8. The cats *** is defined in the urban dictionary as:

A person,thing or event to be held in high regard. From the meticulous treatment and devotional attention a feline bestowes on its hindquarters. Not in wide useage.

EX: You look that good and can cook too? **** if you ain't about the cats ***!

Sorry to do a data dump. I have been really busy. I installed a fire detection and suppression system in the airplane. I will post pics of it next week. I will also post pics from the flight test data and documentation and the POH that I wrote. I plan to share all of it. I stood on the shoulders of many people to accomplish what I did, I hope other will stand on my shoulders.

It will take me until next Tuesday to repost. I am leaving in one hour on a motorcycle trip on the Idaho backcountry discovery route.
Cheers

Beautiful job on the paint! I'm assuming it's base coat/clear coat? Could you tell us more about how the painting went (if you have the time)?

Back