What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7; N773JR; Ron Banks - Nampa, ID

rbanks

I'm New Here
Building an RV-7, planning on using IO360 200hp cs prop. Tilt up canopy. Full build, no qb kits.

First step, ramp up on tooling.

Ordered empennage on June 11, 2015.

Welcome to the fold Ronald! You're on pretty much the route I started out on 3.5 years ago except I'm going with 180hp.

Welcome Ron. I'm your neighbor at Caldwell. PM me with contact info and we can get together sometime. I'm building a 9A, trying to get it finished thus year!

Welcome to VAF!

Ron,
welcome.gif
aboard the good ship VAF.

1 year update

After one year, I have finished the empennage kit, am working on the wings, (have all skins fitted), leading edges and left upper skins riveted. I have the fuselage kit on order, deciding on the -7A version instead of the -7. I do have a Facebook group for the build at N773JR.

I have not seen anything posted here, but I've been following Ron's build on Facebook, and got the news there that he has passed away last Thursday:(.

I did not know Ron personally, but enjoyed following his progress.

Prayers for his family and loved ones.

Ron was a real nice guy. He came over to my house a couple times to look at my build and to my hangar once I moved the fuselage there. He was working on his 7 while he was a missionary and working on the mission planes. I got the chance to see his work at his house and he was a good "mechanic". It looked well done.

Ron's wife is as nice as Ron was. Keep her, their children and grandkids in your prayers. His service is tomorrow at the Mission Aviation Fellowship right next to the Nampa airport.

Back