What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Good experiences

Brent

I built an RV9A and incorporated a com0lete GRT glass panel. I do not have a background in electronics, so the various aspects of wiring and programming was all new to me. Tech support at GRT was fantastic and extremely patient with my many questions, walking me through situations as I sat in the cockpit.

I am now in the final stages of building an RV8, naturally chose the GRT HXr. Their tech support are like old friends, they have educated me a lot, so my questions are not quite so basic. They are still there though with not too long wait times.

My choice for an engine monitor was the JPI 900. Unfortunately, although new out if the box, it had been built in 2005. I had a problem with connecting the fuel quantity. JPI couldn?t even find the documentation for my serial number. I had been very fortunate in that I was connected with ?TIM? in tech support. When it became apparent that they couldn?t help, Tim arranged to have the unit replaced! Now that is the kind of customer support that we amateur builders should support. JPI is very fortunate to have an employee like Tim who is willing to go the extra mile.

Sorry for the length of this post, but both companies deserve the kudos.

Brent

Back