What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv-14 #140398

Salter

Well I started my build July 29, 2017 - I ordered the kit and had to wait for a month or so because I was getting some things done before beginning.

As of today, I have completed the VS, the rudder and the today finished the HS. I have a little over 90 hours build time and am looking forward to the build.

I have had great assistance with the help of a 3 time builder and another friend who isn't afraid to get in and help when needed and also happens to be very knowledgeable.

Wings are on the way and I think I'll go ahead and order the fuselage kit as it'll be 10 weeks or so getting here.

Been working on the elevator the past few days, just now starting to dimple. a 11 hour day yesterday and only did 4 hours today. Had a few honey do's to do. I figure about 20more hours and I should have the elevators done so I can go on to the tail cone.

Skonk Works

Sounds like things are rockin in the Skonk Works... glad to hear things are coming along.

Back