What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 N657FW

No pics yet, but tail kit has arrived and commencing on building my tables, doing the inventory and getting the shop ready to go...

Been waiting a long time for this...

Congratulations & Welcome

Welcome to VAF, you should learn something and share something.

And so it begins . . . .

So, I finally got to get into dimpling and riveting. I am pretty sure I just set a record for more drilled out rivets than were supposed to be set. Mislabeled rivets...for the win.

RV-10 wing attach timeline

Great photos and blogs on -10 progress. I'm contemplating a -10 quick-build and would love to see updates from any of the builders.
Also have a question about build time remaining from wing/fuselage attachment. At the point when you're ready to attach the wings, one would have to move to a hangar at an airport, I would think. Renting hangar space is not cheap, so I'm wondering how much time to expect to be in the hangar for final assembly and fly away? I'm thinking 200 to 400 hours?

Great photos and blogs on -10 progress. I'm contemplating a -10 quick-build and would love to see updates from any of the builders.
Also have a question about build time remaining from wing/fuselage attachment. At the point when you're ready to attach the wings, one would have to move to a hangar at an airport, I would think. Renting hangar space is not cheap, so I'm wondering how much time to expect to be in the hangar for final assembly and fly away? I'm thinking 200 to 400 hours?

Most people temporarily fit the wings at home, plumb everything, disassemble and reassemble at the airport. If you do everything possible at home, you might get the airport work side of the equation down to a couple of 8 hour days with a helper or two.

Most folks go to the airport too soon and spend weeks finishing work that could have been done in the basement or garage...

Back