What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Major older RV-6 repairs complete...

BruceMe

Well Known Member
Another grand bird back ready to be flown soon.

Not exactly a from-scratch, but I just finished all upgrades and repairs and I'm ready for the first conditional inspection on this plane in 3 years. It's been quite a journey. In many ways more technically and emotionally challenging than thee full RV-4 build, but I feel really good right now that it's done and just wanted to tell VAF. Thank you all!

1hfp87.jpg

Looking good Bruce. Your hangar looks about as brite as mine! It has to be a real challenge to take on a repair project. Good luck on the paperwork and getting your plane back in the air.

Looking good Bruce. Your hangar looks about as brite as mine! It has to be a real challenge to take on a repair project. Good luck on the paperwork and getting your plane back in the air.

It's off grid solar powered. Those are 24vdc 3w leds. Not super bright but I can see around. I have spot lights and torches[flashlights] I drag around to do detailed work. For the shop equipment I have a 5000w inverter. I have 3x 200w 28v panels. Not huge but plenty of juice for a shop.

Here's a post on the setup.

Last edited:
It's off grid solar powered. Those are 24vdc 3w leds. Not super bright but I can see around. I have spot lights and torches I drag around to do detailed work. For the shop equipment I have a 5000w inverter. I have 3x 200w 28v panels. Not huge but plenty of juice for a shop.

Here's a post on the setup.

Torches? Are you sure that is safe? Do you use low smoke kerosene?

Great to see you done at last! I followed your blog and am very sympathetic about the unique challenges of a re-build. Great job!

That's the look of stress released. I was happy to just have it done and now I can start to concentrate on the wheel pants and paint

Back