What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Petit Jean Bound!

Capt Sandy

Well Known Member
This morning Roy and I launched from KHIO (Hillsboro, Oregon) for a 7 week journey in our RV-7A. First destination: Petit Jean, Arkansas for the PJ Fly-in! We can hardly wait to see our friends!
But first, a wistful good bye to the great PNW. The air was hazy, and it was still a 9 volcano day.
IMG_4246-M.jpg

We stopped for lunch at (U76) Mountain Home, Idaho. We continued east, but found ourselves confused. The Garmin shows we?re crossing in to Utah, but we couldn?t find the corresponding border lines on the ground. How do we know where we are if we can?t see the lines on the ground?
IMG_4258-M.jpg

Lost

"...but found ourselves confused. The Garmin shows we?re crossing in to Utah, but we couldn?t find the corresponding border lines on the ground. How do we know where we are if we can?t see the lines on the ground?"

As a "Coastie" you should not have had any problems seeing the line across Bear Lake.

Missed you, Sandy!

I saw Roy and had a nice chat at the Chapter 105 breakfast, but missed seeing you, Sandy. You guys have a great trip! I'll be watching all your posts! :)

We had just a splendid time getting to chat with new and old friends this weekend at MPJ. It was great to see everybody.

Back