What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

no GPS position source ( Skyview ) issue

hthaman

Has anyone encountered this issue on initial startup ??
checked port settings,are per the installation manual.

thx

HT

Last edited:
when you did the network configuration, did it find a gps source? If not i would suspect a wiring problem between the GPS and the skyview.

bob burns
RV-4 N82B

That can happen if you aren't out in the open where the GPS signal can reach the receiving antenna.

ok I will pull the plane out from hanger and try it again :eek:, I was thinking the error should have been related with "no data " instead of missing the "source" , anyways its SV-GPS-250 GPS . since I didn't install the Avionics so didn't know much about it.

will check the ntwork configuration , thanks Bob.

thanks

No need to check network as SV GPS is on serial port 5, check that port status...

That means you have ZERO data from the GPS puck.

If you had data, but no GPS lock, you'd have a flashing "?" on the screen.

The GPS puck is one of our most reliable products, so wiring is first on the list. Assuming you didn't mess with the default settings on the screen, there's nothing to change from when it ships.

That means you have ZERO data from the GPS puck.

If you had data, but no GPS lock, you'd have a flashing "?" on the screen.

The GPS puck is one of our most reliable products, so wiring is first on the list. Assuming you didn't mess with the default settings on the screen, there's nothing to change from when it ships.

I didn't mess with the default settng's and checked the port 5 settings and it was all there, there was no increase in counters only erros log does increase. Since your GPS puck is under warrenty RMA has been placed. I will check the wiring with pins before putting the new unit. thanks

P.S- its a better idea to have 2 GPS pucks for backup or atleast for 2nd skyview when I will plan to install ?? It will be a surprise if I find out its the unit was toasted even before coming up live for the first time.

thanks

I had my GPS puck mis-wired, so be sure to check that! Once I got the wires going to the right pins it has worked flawlessly. :)

exsisting GPS puck wiring checked - no luck
"new" GPS puck from Dynon ( made sure wiring is correct)- no luck
port "5" settings as per the manual checked again.

any suggestions ??

Temporarily connect it straight to the pins on the Skyview display itself rather than thorough the AV50000 Magic Box. Maybe the issue is there.

Back