What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Traverse City

A5555

Well Known Member
We had a good time in Traverse City, MI. The FBO has three good bikes (that we saw, maybe more) to loan for free. Two blocks from the FBO you catch the bike trail that takes you downtown, approx 3 miles. It was really nice. We enjoyed the Cherry Festival (even tho we were a day early) and watched the Thunderbirds. Fuel was $4.44. And yes, we bought a cherry pie for the road.

IMG_20150703_075440.jpg

IMG_20150703_121641.jpg

IMG_20150703_152955.jpg

IMG_20150703_132128.jpg

Last edited:
You just can't beat northern Michigan this time of the year. We are in Charlevoix for a few weeks. Flying out to Mackinac Island today. The weather is perfect.

Mackinac Island is a great destination. Call ahead for a taxi with your ETA and you will have minimum wait at the airport. $10.50 landing fee, it's run by the park service. Pink Pony, Horn's or Sea Biscuit are great stops for lunch. Call early for your taxi back to the airport, island time is a little slower than normal time.

And say hi to my daughter who works and lives there.

...The FBO has three good bikes (that we saw, maybe more) to loan for free. ...

I wish I had thought to check VAF before we went to Traverse City Sunday. I didn't see any bikes, but we did get a non-ragged out late model crew car, but only for two hours. Well worth 9 gallons of 100LL at $4.89, though.

I can highly recommend the Sunday brunch at the Apache Trout Grill up on the west side of Grand Traverse Bay.

I bet you were glad you were on bikes. Traffic downtown can get messy... and stay that way. They've been working on downtown streets forever...

Back