What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hanger in Wichita

n567vb

I'm supposed to visit family in Wichita this weekend, but the forecast of occasional storm/thunderstorm all weekend long has me a little worried about leaving the plane out on the tarmac all weekend. Does anyone have or know where I could stick an RV for a day or for a few hours till a storm passes by if one looks particularly nasty?

Currently flying into Jabara, but can relocate if necessary.

Thanks
Vince Bastiani
RV-7

Hey Vince, don't currently know of any empty hangars but you could always call the nice folks at Augusta (3AU, where I'm based) and see if you can tie down there (I think for free) and have them put your plane in the community hangar if storms threaten.

The forecast has been for a 40% chance of storms about every day for the last 2 weeks straight and we still have yet to get one. Of course now that I've said that we'll get hit, but we do need the rain.

Exactly what I'm worried about! If I come, it'll storm, if I stay, you'll have beautiful weather all weekend long.

Thanks
Vince

I've had good luck in the past at Yingling Aviation at KICT. They have managed to find me a T-Hangar when I was worried about weather. Not free, mind you, but it seemed reasonable at the time. They also have self-serve 100LL that has been competitively priced, in the past.

Back